AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Text not working

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
chierchio
442 Views, 0 Replies

Annotation Text not working

I have been trying to extract annotation information from Object data, but the label doesnt' get much past 132 characters before turning to jibberish.

I tried linking the objects to a database with the information, but the annotation is not pulling the information from the attached database. I thought it might be due to the length of the information, but I switched to a much smaller field in the linked template, but no success. It just keeps placing the tag from the mappanntext object, no data is imported.

I am able to pull the data from the object data using GeoTools and I get the full string, without kanjii characters at the end of it, so I am of mind that the mapanntext object has a limitation where I cannot extract the data (over 132 characters). I also tried entering over 132 characters in the attached OD table, but it did not allow me to add information beyond this amount. Its 'a bit odd, because I was able to import over this amound from a shape file using the mapimport command.

My questions:

1. Is there a character limit on an object data table?

2. Have others tried to annotate map objects using a linked database as the source of information and been successful?

I am running Civil 3D 64 bit on Windows 64 bit and using a SQLite datasource.

Thanks,

Chris

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost