AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation template not showing up??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ajhayes
759 Views, 3 Replies

Annotation template not showing up??

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is wrong with this annotation template!  I am building a map of our electric utility system, and I've got a huge drawing with many annotation templates in it which label poles, street lights, etc.  All of them are working correctly except one and I can't figure out what's going on.

I have two different blocks for two different types of street lights.  The annotation for one block is working fine.  However, the annotation for the other block is not showing up. 

I have used the "Define Annotation Template" dialog box.  I have defined which layer it is to go on, and set up the value as the block attribute for this block.  When I go to insert the annotation, it says "1 annotation object inserted' but nothing shows up.  I can't see anything on the screen to select it, but it will select the block if I do a "qselect".

The layer that the annotation template is inserted on is definitely turned on and active.  The text height is exactly the same as the other annotations which are working correctly.  I have tried building a whole new block, completely re-defining the annotation template, and nothing seems to work.

Can anyone shed some light on this?  Help me think of something I might have missed??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ajhayes
in reply to: ajhayes

Forgot to mention that I'm running Map 3D 2008 if that makes any difference!

Message 3 of 4
MarioKaic4923

when you qselect block, check scale. it might be that it is too small.

can you send a part of your dwg, maybe i can find something.

Message 4 of 4
ajhayes

I finally figured out why this wasn't working.  I the block attribute that I was trying to display in the annotation template had a "#" in it.  I renamed it, spelling out "number" instead of the "#" sign, and the annotation template worked fine after that.  I guess the symbol threw it for a loop!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost