AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation of object data

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KansasCAD
959 Views, 1 Reply

Annotation of object data

Hello,

I am working on a county map that will eventually have the ADT's (Average Daily Traffic) as a number above or near to each road.  Right now I am "naming" all of our roads with object data. I need a map that actually shows the name of each road so that we can double check the data for the counts and make sure each count has a unique name. After I had used Mapexport to a shape file, then datalinked and brought the shp file back in.  I have tried to set up a style, but when a road is short, it doesn't put any label. And when I get to a "cluttered area" some of the labels need to be moved slightly so that they can be read. 

So then I tried to just annotate the linework with the object data.  I defined a template, block with attribute, and used Mapanninsert, and got the name of each road segment.  I used the .ANGLE to make the annotation be rotated along the vertical roads.  This kind of worked, although about half of them were rotated 180 from when I wanted them because the original line work was drawn from top to bottom. So I spent some time rotating them, and moving the ones that were overlapping so they could be read.  Everything was fine until I ran across a couple that I had not named.  I attached the object data, named the road, and wondered how to update that block with the new name.  I clicked on the "Update Annotation" button and it did update that block with the new name, it also reset ALL of the blocks that I had rotated and moved.  I did use the retain option, but it still reset all of the blocks.  HELP, What else can I try, or what did I do wrong?

I am not an everyday user of Map.  I have used Autocad, DCA, Softdesk, Land Desktop, and Civil 3D from the late 1980's but am new to MAP.

Using Civil 3D Ver. 2012  64bit on Windows 7

Thanks,

Daryl

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Murph_Map
in reply to: KansasCAD

You need to use the Map annonation refresh " _mapannrefresh" instead and use the string option.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost