AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aerial map

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
ryanmcauley
5138 Views, 9 Replies

aerial map

i have my map set to show the aerial map through autodesk 360.  today it doesnt display the aerial when i open my map, any reason why

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ryanmcauley

We are having the same issue

Message 3 of 10
phil_borycens

Hi all,

Thank you for reporting this. We discovered this yesterday and immediately notified the Division responsible for the source code.

We have a bulletin being published and will update it as soon as we have more news to share:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/Live-Maps-No-Longer-Appear-outage

Thanks,

Phil

Phil Borycens
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: phil_borycens

Any word on this?

Message 5 of 10
phil_borycens
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes. Yesterday our developers spent their day rewriting code for the Bing API (used in AutoCAD) to utilize TLSv1 rather than the SSLv3 protocol. It appears that Microsoft dropped SSLv3 support in reaction to POODLE attack vulnerability.

We will update you when a fix is made available.

Phil Borycens
Message 6 of 10
ryanmcauley
in reply to: phil_borycens

any update phil?

Message 7 of 10
phil_borycens

A fix is targeted for the end of this week (Nov 7th).

When the fix is live, AutoCAD users should see a message indicating that a fix is available when trying to use any of the Geolocation functionality.

Phil Borycens
Message 8 of 10

A fix has been provided to restore Bing Live Maps. When activating the Online Map in an AutoCAD drawing, the program should prompt you to get download the fix.

Here's a quick demo for how to download & apply the fix.

Phil Borycens
Message 9 of 10
lynns

I downloaded the upgrade that kept popping up and now I don't even have the Geolocation tab. It's been replaced with BIM 360 which is something I don't even need.

Message 10 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: lynns

Hi,

>> I downloaded the upgrade that kept popping up and now I don't even have the Geolocation tab

Which version of Map3D do you have and which upgrade have you downloaded (there exist more in the meantime).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost