AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Text in a Map3D Expression

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
rl_jackson
1356 Views, 10 Replies

Adding Text in a Map3D Expression

I'm playing around with the FEMA NFHL Database and have some text set up to provide the Flood Zone of the Polygon as shown below.

Flood_Zone_Text.png

Now as you can see I'm getting an invalid expression, when I go to add the word Zone to the front of the data. Is there a way to do this?

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Murph_Map
in reply to: rl_jackson

Try this

Concat ('Zone',  FLD_ZONE) 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 11
rl_jackson
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thanks Murph,

Is there a way to do this?

I can definitely see I'm going to need a book or something for this - Anything you'd recomment?

Flood_Zone_Text2.png

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
Murph_Map
in reply to: rl_jackson

something like

CONCAT(First_Name, ‘ ‘Last_Name,’\P’ ‘Address: ‘, Street_number, ‘ ‘, Street_name, ‘ ‘, Suffix)

This example produces a label like this:

John Smith

Address: 123 Maple Street

Try the help button and the getting Started at the bottom of the dialog for a few examples.

Murph
Message 5 of 11
parkr4st

Or this

( Concat ( 'Cut Area No. ',  CutAreaNo, '\P' ,(Concat ( 'Harvest Year is ' ,Year ))))

to get this

Cut Area No. 2

Harvest Year is 2013

'    ' surround strings, add spaces here for neatness and readibility

Parenthesis work by the general rules of algebra, must have open and close pairs

commas seperate items

Dave

Message 6 of 11
dnietubicz
in reply to: parkr4st

I'm using this expression to get the owner name, mailing address and parcel number based on the fields from our GIS data. CONCAT ( Owner_Name , '\P', Owne_Name_ , '\P', Mailing_Ad , '\P', Mailing__1 , '\P', Mailing_CS , '\P', PARCELNO ) The problem I am having is that some of the parcels don't have 2 names for the owner or 2 lines of address before the city state and zip, but some of them do. Example of what I get if there is no data available in one of the columns in the table GERONIMO PROPERTIES LLC---------------------------Owner_Name Owne_Name_ 215 FIRST ST N STE 200 Mailing_Ad Mailing__1 WINTER HAVEN, FL 33881 Mailing_CS S14342810000E00010 PARCELNO Example of what I get if there is data available in all of the columns in the table. SPRINT-FLORIDA INC--------------------------------------Owner_Name SPRINT CORPORATION Owne_Name_ PROPERTY TAX DEPT Mailing_Ad P O BOX 7909 Mailing__1 OVERLAND PARK, KS 66207-0909 Mailing_CS C233428A0000610000 PARCELNO Is there anyway to do some sort of "IF" statement, that will ignore what is being asked for if the data tables column is empty? Basically, I'm trying to have blank lines. Thanks, Doug
Message 7 of 11

I use this for returning an empty string to a label if a street name in our road table (layer) is named 023.

If ( ' Street LIKE ''023'' ' , ' ',  Street  )

The if statement requires a string for the first parameter (go figure), so any true/false evaluation statement must have single quotes around it to get the if statement to work.

In the above example, Street is a text property of the road table (layer), Like is the comparison operator, 023 is the text to compare against.Then there is two single quotes, with a space between them, after the first comma to return an empty string (actually a single space) if the Street name is like 023. Finally there is Street after the second comma, which returns the text property Street if Street is not like 023.

Note the 023 is surrounded by two single quotes. This is what I have worked out is requred to get text to be evaluated within single quotes.

So for you try this.

your expression

CONCAT ( Owner_Name , '\P', Owne_Name_ , '\P', Mailing_Ad , '\P', Mailing__1 , '\P', Mailing_CS , '\P', PARCELNO )

Give this a try

CONCAT ( Owner_Name , '\P', If ( ' Not Owne_Name_ = '''' ', CONCAT ( Owne_Name_ , '\P'), ' ' ), Mailing_Ad , '\P', Mailing__1 , '\P', Mailing_CS , '\P', PARCELNO )

This should return the second owners name and a carriage return if the second owners name has a value otherwise it should return a space.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 8 of 11
Civil3dMike

Hi Murph, how would you make the expression center justified text.

My expression is: Concat (PID , '\n',  NAME_1) and it displays

John Doe

I want it to display:

John Doe

Any help is appreciated.

Mike -

Message 9 of 11
Murph_Map
in reply to: Civil3dMike

In the style label dialog there's a Horizontal Alignments button that lets you center the text.

lineSpacing.PNG 

Murph
Message 10 of 11
Civil3dMike

I am running Civil3d 2011, my style label dialog box looks different than yours and the options for justification are grayed out.

Image1.jpg

Message 11 of 11
braudpat
in reply to: Civil3dMike

Hello

YES it's normal because the FDO Engine is completely NEW in MAP/CIVIL 2012 !

They are many new features ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost