AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Topology Data in Map 3D

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
430 Views, 2 Replies

Accessing Topology Data in Map 3D

I posted this in the Visual Lisp Customization Group without any replies.  Apparently, nobody knows enough about this subject to comment.  Hoping for better luck here, I submit:

I have successfully created and defined a topolgy in Map 3D using a Visual Lisp routine that I cobbled together from CREATE.LSP. What I'd really like to do is be able to access that data and create closed polylines and centroids without going through the menu interface. The only documentation that I've been able to find is the Mapping Commands section of the Help file.

I found several commands that might be of help, but they rely on user input to work. I might be able to work around this by typing a dash before the command line to suppress dialog boxes except for the fact that MAPCLPLINE does not respond to this method.

I noticed in CREATE.LSP that there was a TPM_MTNBUILD command that (apparently) was used to build the topology. Are there similar commands that I just haven't found yet?

Thank You,

J Leavitt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

Look at acmaplisp.chm in the C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Map 3D 2010\Help or C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2011\Help depending on your version.

There's a ton of lisp function you can use most with out any dialog or users intervention needed.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

THANK YOU!

That resource seems to be what I was looking for.  I've only had a chance to browse the file, but things started to come into focus as soon as I opened it.

Again, Thank you.

J Leavitt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost