AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing MAPDIST command output

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jleavitt
394 Views, 4 Replies

Accessing MAPDIST command output

I'm able to use the MAPDIST command to list the geodetic length of a line and the both of the azimuths, but how can I access the values of what's listed on my text screen.  I want to send that output to an external file, but I can't find out where those values are located, or even if they're stored anywhere.

Thank you,

J Edward Leavitt, PLS

Land Surveyor

U. S. Bureau of Land Management

California State Office

J Leavitt, PLS
Land Surveyor
Bureau of Land Management
California State Office
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
phil_borycens
in reply to: jleavitt

Hi J,

Thanks for your post.

Use F2 to expand out the AutoCAD command line. Then you can select and copy any text there (including the output from the MAPDIST function).

Hope this helps,

Phil

Phil Borycens
Message 3 of 5
jleavitt
in reply to: phil_borycens

Phil,

That solution is totally unacceptable.  Copy/Paste operations like this do not allow me to automate the manipulation of the data.  I have over 80 lines in my current project, each defined by latitudes & longitudes.  I need to extract the geodetic distance and compute the mean geodetic bearing of each and then format that output to an external file for a program that will, in turn, compute geodetic intersections with other geodetic lines that have been defined elsewhere.  I need access to the data so that I can write a LISP routine to accomplish that task, so I need access to the data WITHOUT USER INTERVENTION.

MAPDIST computes the data I need but where does it store those results?

Thank you,

J Leavitt, PLS

Land Surveyor

California State Office

J Leavitt, PLS
Land Surveyor
California State Office
Message 4 of 5
phil_borycens
in reply to: jleavitt

Hi J,

Sorry, I didn't realize that you were looking to automate this, but it makes sense based on the number of measurements that you need.

It sounds like your request is better suited for the Map 3D Developer form.

Thanks again,

Phil

Phil Borycens
Message 5 of 5
jleavitt
in reply to: phil_borycens

Phil,

Thank you for your efforts.  I posted my question to the Developer forum as  you suggested, but I don't understand the reason.  It isn't very complicated...Map 3D is doing the calculation and displaying the results.  Either its storing this information as a variable somewhere or its not.  If it is, I'd like to know where it is.  If it isn't being stored, I'd like to know why not...are we engaged in a game of look-but-don't-touch?

If I don't have access to the data for manipulation then Autodesk has failed miserably in this area and the rumors are true.

I'm probably not the only one who could use this feature.

J Leavitt, PLS

Land Surveyor

California State Office

J Leavitt, PLS
Land Surveyor
California State Office

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost