AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD claims linetypes already loaded when they're not

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
BigDumbWeirdo
274 Views, 0 Replies

ACAD claims linetypes already loaded when they're not

Hey all. I'm running ACAD Map 3D 2009 and in writing some custom code, I've run into an issue. I have a custom command written in Autolisp that will convert an object to a certain layer and linetype. As a part of this command, I'm checking to see if the linetype is loaded in the linetype table, and if not, to load it.

The problem is that about 2/3 of the time, the command to load the linetype will return that the linetype is already loaded, even though it's not. This happens even when I try to load the linetype through the linetype dialog box, or through the command line; not just when I try to load it using LISP (which is why this isn't posted in the customization sub-forum).

I'm at wit's end trying to get this thing to work. I wouldn't mind using the workaround of inserting the extra "Y" into the call to the LTYPE function in my code, except that it only happens most of the time, instead of all of the time. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Yes, I've already tried purging that particular linetype beforehand. It doesn't seem to help.

Tags (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost