AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD 2002 on 64 Bit - Drawing pauses and then is deleted?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dariousg
369 Views, 1 Reply

ACAD 2002 on 64 Bit - Drawing pauses and then is deleted?

I have 2 drafters that are working on AutoCAD Map 2002 programs with Windows 7 64 Bit operating systems.  When I started back in August I noticed something absolutely bizarre.  I have not come across this before so I am now escalating it to you experts. 🙂

What is happening is that the drafter will be working on a DWG.  They will save multiple times.  Even exit the drawing and come back to it the next day.  While in the drawing (on the server OR on their computer, doesn't matter) the drawings will occassionally lock up and get the blue wheel.  Then it will simply shut down.

Here is the strange part.  The drawing file is deleted from the folder.  All save points and everything.  Just gone.  Sometimes a random save file will be created in the same folder.  This has saved us a couple times.  But more often than not it is simply gone.

Any thoughts?  I am trying to convince my VP that we need to upgrade our AutoCAD licenses on these 2 machines.  I convinced him to upgrade my machine back in September for other reasons and have never had this issue.

Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Murph_Map
in reply to: dariousg

Time to upgrade and soon at that, check with your reseller in the area after the first of the year you may not be able to upgrade anything past version 2007 at a discount.

The reason I say upgrade is 2002 version is not suported on a 64 bit OS.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost