AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A display driver file (.hdi) is missing or has been corrupted in AutoCAD 2014

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
GISAutoCadMap
23742 Views, 10 Replies

A display driver file (.hdi) is missing or has been corrupted in AutoCAD 2014

Hi All,

I am getting this error "A display driver file (.hdi) is missing or has been corrupted."The problem may be caused by missing .hdi files in C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2014\Drv\".

I went through the setting in Registery.Please see my finding in screen short.it is calling the Dll "AcadDM10.hdi" (inside the "3DGS Configuration \GSHEIDI10" screen 1)in autoCAD 2014 in one place and othere place it is calling dll "AcadDM11.hdi"(3DGS Configuration-Screen 2 )

"AcadDM11.hdi " is part of C:\program files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014\Drv\.

My question is GSHEIDI10 is part of AutoCAD 2014 ?

Next question is "AcadDM10.hdi " is part of autocad  2014 ? if not then what should be default setting for 3DGS Configuration autoCAD 2014.So Reply me as soon as possible.So i am thankful to you.

Regards,

Manish

GIS AUTOCAD MAP Team

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Murph_Map
in reply to: GISAutoCadMap

This thread in the General Autocad group may offer some help.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 11
GISAutoCadMap
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thank Murph,

I will follow the link.But i want know what should be the default setting for 3GS Configuration.?

Message 4 of 11
GISAutoCadMap
in reply to: Murph_Map

can you please share me the screen shot of 3GS configuration setting for Registry.So i am thankful to you.

Message 5 of 11

Hi,

I have the same settings like you showed in your screenshot. Strange .... but my Map3D is working (2014 x64 German).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 11
bill

I ran in to this problem today,  I had installed a new video card in my computer after AutoCAD 2014 was installed.   A repair or reinstall did not resolve it.   But reinstalling the video card driver (ATI) did resolve the issue.

Hope this helps.

Bill.

Message 7 of 11
braudpat
in reply to: bill

Hello

This topic could be interesting :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21929890&linkID=9240857

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 8 of 11

i Tried the file removal and it did not work. 

Message 9 of 11
l1311091

Reinstallyour video card driver then repairing your autocad from control panel>Programs>Autocad 2014 right click.

Message 10 of 11

Are you running Windows 8.1? If so, you'll have to upgrade to AutoCAD 2015, because any older version is incompatible with 8.1.

Message 11 of 11
supernew

Just update your display driver through go to your control panel and update your system display driver only. Very easy to do it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost