AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rasters and Vector misaligned when plotted

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
JanineW
634 Views, 9 Replies

Rasters and Vector misaligned when plotted

I'm overlaying excavated trenches onto an old OS map and on the screen all is well.  In print preview, all is well, when i plot (either to HP PageWide Color MFP E77650 or pdf), the raster image moves and the vector and raster are misaligned.  Does anyone have a solution to this?  I've been through this forum and others and found other people having the same issue, but either with no solution or solutions that haven't worked for me.

I have AutoCAD map 3D 2018 working on Windows 10, Intel Core i7-7700, 32GB of RAM - with all hotfixes up to date (as far as i know).

I have tried attaching the raster image with _imageattach and with _mapiinsert and the result is the same in both.

I have tried plotting to Adobe pdf and to AutoCADs own dwg to pdf and the result is the same in both.

I've made some fake trenches to test the movement and to see if the gps file was the problem, but the downloaded data and made up data reacts in the same way.

I've tried using different types of raster - .tif and .png and both react in the same way.

I've tried setting the co-ordinate system, and removing the assigned co-ordinate system and the result is the same.

As a final desperate attempt, I locked the layer with the raster image in it and it made no difference.

I've attached a screen capture of what the image should look like and a pdf of what happens when i plot.  This doesn't happen with every drawing or with every user but if anyone can help i would be VERY grateful.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi,

Maybe it would be better to attach an example of your raster and vector here?

-- Alexander, private person, pacifist, english only with translator 🙂 --

Object-modeling _ odclass-odedit.com _ Help

Message 3 of 10

Fair point 🙂

dwg attached, along with .tif raster

Message 4 of 10
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: JanineW

As it is, without doing any funn y business, I wasn't able to reproduce the misalignment you allude to in your opening post. However I did notice something that may, or may not, contribute to your situation. Your drawing titled Test to upload.dwg has some line work drawn in modelspace and some in paperspace. If you zoom in and out of your viewport the line work in modelspace will scale while the lines drawn in paperspace will remain status quo.

Red lines are drawn in paperspace. Objects in blue revision cloud are in modelspace. The image, of course, is in model.Red lines are drawn in paperspace. Objects in blue revision cloud are in modelspace. The image, of course, is in model.

For clarity, I have changed some black lines to red and have drawn a blue revision cloud.  

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
JanineW
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

That's what happens when I rush a test dwg. Typical. To be honest, ignore the red lines as I added those just to see what happened when I converted to pdf and sent the drawing to our plotter.  As you can see in the screen cap, the black lines over the field boundaries (in model space) etc are misaligned as well as the trenches, hence the assumption that it is the raster that moves, not the vector data.

I couldn't find anything odd in the .dwg. I'd purged it and audited it just in case.  The error hasn't re-appeared today for me or any other user, other than in this .dwg.

Hope that clarifies the model/paper space thing.

Message 6 of 10
ChicagoLooper

I don't know about that. Bing imagery is in the background.Bing imagery is in the background.Are you saying the coordinate system is causing your image to jump around? BTW, I can was able to TRANSFORM your drawing into LL84 zone 30. The result is above.

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
JanineW
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

Hi,

No, I think you've misunderstood.  I'm not concerned about the co-ordinate system.  I listed it as something I had tried in case it was causing a problem, but i found out that it isn't.  I'll try and explain again:

In my .dwg, I'm happy with the location of my raster and vector data. It's located where i need it and all is well (ignore the stuff accidentally in paper space).  When I convert to pdf or plot to an actual printer, the raster and vector data becomes misaligned.  It's a visual issue.  I know that my lines and maps are in the right place in the dwg, it's just that when i need to send non autocad files to other people, the information no longer looks correct.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

SAME PROBLEM HERE. Still no fix?

Message 9 of 10
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: Anonymous

What is your image referenced against? Did you verify whether your image can read its projection, it won't project correctly is the projection is read incorrectly or it can't be read at all.

What is coordinate system you have assigned to modelspace? 

How did you bring in your image? Data connection? Or MAPIINSERT? Another way?

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 10 of 10

Revisited this issue using the OP's original image. Unable to replicate the OP's issue. There is no movement in either the image itself or the line work as described by the OP. As shown below, the OP's uploaded image, the line work and Bing Maps are all in harmony.

10-forum_401.PNG 

Are you able to upload your drawing that contains your line work and your image?

BTW, if you are inserting a PDF into your dwg, I would recommend you convert your PDF into a jpeg, tiff, png or something other raster format, then try again. Using a PDF as a background image is overrated, way over. Avoid using use PDF. 

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report