AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA 64 bit: ODRecord.AttachTo doesnt work

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Huggy
2003 Views, 9 Replies

VBA 64 bit: ODRecord.AttachTo doesnt work

Hello,

on vba, ODRecord.AttachTo(plineobj.ObjectID32) doenst work. plineobj.ObjectID32 is i.e. 47, I think thats not correct. I think, the thisdrawing.Utility.ObjectId32ToObjectIdString gets the right ID. But how can I use this ID with AttachTo ?

Software:

AutoCad Map 3D 2013, Windows 7, both 64 bit

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: Huggy

Hi Huggy,

Could you try using ODRecord.AttachTo(plineobj.ObjectID) instead ?

Does it help ?

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 10
Huggy
in reply to: Partha.Sarkar

No, that doesnt works. Error on compiling.

objectid.jpg

VBA-Version is 6.5, is this the correct version for 64 bit?

Message 4 of 10
Partha.Sarkar

Hi,

I don't have VBA installed right now on my Map 3D 2013 64 bit version. You can download the correct version from the link below -

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=12715668&linkID=9240618

In the past I have seen some issues in using VBA on 64 bit Map 3D running on 64 bit OS and at times you might see inconsistent behavior. If you have any chance to migrate to VB.NET instead, I would suggest you to consider the same.

And the following might be useful info to you :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=770215

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 10
norman.yuan

I also tried with my Acad Map 2012 64-bit. No, it did not work. That means, for 64-bit Acad Map, the Map COM API (contained in AcMapVbApi.dll/tlb) is broken and useless, at least in terms of ObjectData related APIs (Has Autodesk ever mentioned that Acad Map COM API would be broken in 64-bit, other than generally claiming VBA would be problematic in 64-bit Acad?).

Message 6 of 10
gluckett

Hi, having the same issue with the line:

oRecord1.AttachTo (ent.ObjectId)

vba_map2013_64bit.png

Can do everything else (read object data, attach databases, even digitize new blocks) but can't attach object data with VBA.

This is an old project and don't have the time to migrate to .NET yet, but may have to if this doesn't get sorted.

thanks all!

gordon

Message 7 of 10
norman.yuan
in reply to: gluckett

Well, with 64-bit VBA being built into AutoCAD 2014, we may be able to hold our breath to see if this will be back to work again when AutoCAD Map 2014 comes out in next a few days (or weeks)?

Message 8 of 10
gluckett

This VBA Object Data connect bug was a bit of a show-stopper in my project.

I have already started moving over to .NET and the cumbersome  BlockTableRecord and DatabaseServices API that is found in there...yuck.

Message 9 of 10

Hi,

>> I don't have VBA installed right now on my Map 3D 2013 64 bit version

It's not a question of VBA, it's a defect signature in the AttachTo function (in COM-API) which wants a Integer as parameter for ObjectID.

Entity.ObjectID returns a LONG value

attachTo function needs a INTEGER value

...and you can't use the Entity.ObjectID32 workaround as this returns invalid numbers

All tested now with Map3D 2014 German 64bit

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 10 of 10
john.galambos

If it helps anyone avoid rewriting their VBA code base due to this issue, here is how we worked around it. We wrote a Lisp command in .NET (C#) that will create a record in an object table and attach it to an object. The object table name and object handle are passed to the Lisp command. The Lisp command can be called from VBA to create the record and attach it to an object. You can then edit the object data record as usual from within VBA.

The .NET Lisp Command:

public class Commands
    {
        [LispFunction("AttachObjectDataRecordToObject")]
        public Object AttachObjectDataRecordToObject(ResultBuffer resultBuffer)
        {
            Object ret = null;

var editor = Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Core.Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor;
            TypedValue[] tvArr = resultBuffer.AsArray();
            string tableName = tvArr[0].Value as String;
            string objectHandle = tvArr[1].Value as String;
            long handle = long.Parse(objectHandle, System.Globalization.NumberStyles.HexNumber);
            Tables tables = HostMapApplicationServices.Application.ActiveProject.ODTables;
            var objectId = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase.GetObjectId(false, new Handle(handle), 0);

var table = tables[tableName];
            using (var transaction = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase.TransactionManager.StartTransaction())
            {
                //http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/2012/05/adding-object-data-records-to-entity-using-map-...
                var dbObj = transaction.GetObject(objectId, Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.OpenMode.ForWrite);
                Record record = Record.Create();
                table.InitRecord(record);
                table.AddRecord(record, dbObj);
                transaction.Commit();
            }
            return ret;
        }

}

The VBA function to call the Lisp Command:

Public Function CreateRecordCommand(ByVal tableName As String, ByVal lngObjId As Long) As Boolean

Dim strCommand As String
        Dim odRecordHandle As String
        Dim objectHandle As String

CreateRecordCommand = False
        objectHandle = GetHandle(lngObjId)
        CreateRecordCommand = False
        strCommand = "(ATTACHOBJECTDATARECORDTOOBJECT " & Chr(34) & tableName & Chr(34) & Chr(34) & objectHandle & Chr(34) & ") "
        ThisDrawing.SendCommand strCommand
        CreateRecordCommand = True
End Function

Public Function GetHandle(ByVal longObjId As Long)
    Dim object As AcadObject
    Set object = ThisDrawing.ObjectIdToObject32(longObjId)
    GetHandle = object.handle
End Function

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost