AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segmentation and numbering of segments

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vasco_rou
339 Views, 2 Replies

Segmentation and numbering of segments

Hi there

The problem is as follows:

I have several polilinhas (street axes) as a single line.
Each line has an associated table data.
I have to segment (mapclean) each line by inserting a sequential code for each segment.
See example sent em Annex

Is there any way with visual lisp, vba for this procedure?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hgasty1001
in reply to: vasco_rou

Hi,

I don't think there is a direct way to do that, but, you can iterate each polyline, and select by fence filtering by text on each polyline segment, that will find the text, now you have to create an indexed structure like (handle,segment#, text), this structure could be a list or something else, my preference goes to an external database so the data will be permanent. Other approach could be a topology, but require more effort and some modifications to the base drawing.

Gaston Nunez

Message 3 of 3
braudpat
in reply to: vasco_rou

Hello

+1 with gaston

With MAPCLEAN & CutAtIntersection, you will keep the original Object Datas on each New generated Plines ...

But how do you number the NEW Plines ?

- From North to South

- From OLD Vertex 1 to OLD Vertex N

- etc ...

I imagine you need a very specific Lisp/Vlisp routine using ADE MAP functions ...

If you want to break manually ONE Pline without loosing Object Data, please use the MAPBRK routine here :

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-map-3d-general/break-polyline-with-object-data/td-p/1175705

PS: in your DWG, you have ONE Line (numbered 1) and many Plines ... Why ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost