AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample needed to execute select on Postgresql database

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
j.gil
560 Views, 1 Reply

Sample needed to execute select on Postgresql database

Hi all,

I'm just starting to use Map3D SDK and the geospatial platform and I'm struggling to find a sample that shows something that should be quite simple:

• Create a connection to a Postgresql/Postgis database
  • Execute a select statement in the database
  • Wait for the return saying that the operation is complete

The geospatial platform samples are all based on SDF files and run operations locally in AutoCAD, and the FDO SDK has no samples nor documentation specific to Pstgresql. We need to run select statements in the database because of performance with large data sets and we use some SQL functions.

Can anyone point me to a small sample that achieves the above tasks?

Or am I looking in the wrong direction and there's a simple way to do it without having to use the SDK?

The current setup is Map 3D 2011, PostgreSQL 9.0, PostGIS 1.5, Visual Studio 2008 Standard.

Thanking in advance any help provided.

Jorge

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: j.gil

Hi Jorge,

To start with, you could refer to the following white paper :

Using PostGIS/PostgreSQL for Managing CAD and GIS Data (http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/map3d_mapguide_postgis.pdf)
This white paper describes how to install, configure, and use a PostGIS database with AutoCAD® Map 3D software and Autodesk MapGuide® Enterprise software.

Map 3D SDK sample doesn't have any specific sample on Postgresql database, but if you refer to the BuildMap Sample under the Platform folder you will get the idea on how to use FDO to connect to a Datastore whether it's a file based or RDBMS and then use other functionalities like select, query, filter etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar
Autodesk Developer Network

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost