AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict ZoomIn & ZoomOut on mouse wheel

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
giskumar
318 Views, 6 Replies

Restrict ZoomIn & ZoomOut on mouse wheel

Hi All,

I had a requirement that i want to restrict user to work on a fixed zoom. So that i want to disable zoom function on mouse wheel.

Can some one tell me how to do this?

Thanks,

Kumar.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: giskumar

Hi,

create a layout, within the layout create a MVIEW, within the view set the scale and lock the view.

But to be honest, disabling the ZOOM makes object selection as well as object snap difficult or incorrect.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
giskumar
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi alfred,

Thanks for reply.

What you said is ok for view ports, But i want to do same for model space.

Is there any way??

Thanks,

Kumar.

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

afaik not without a lot of development.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 7
giskumar
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

How can i write an event that fires on viewscaleChanged, so that i can control user to change zoom through mouse wheel.

Thanks,

Kumar.

Message 6 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Event handling will not be enough, you might try to redefine ZOOM and ORBIT commands, but you also need to control the mouse wheel in the OS.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Perhaps you can store the current view and variable VIEWSIZE / VIEWCTR , then implement a Editor reactor to manage "EnteringQuiescentState"

In the callback function you can look at new value of VIEWSIZE and VIEWCTR. If there are not identical, you can restore your original saved view.

Olivier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost