AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying the industry model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
719 Views, 3 Replies

Modifying the industry model

Hello,

I am using Map 3D 2012 with Oracle 11g and i am fairly new to this.

In the Infrastructure Administrator I created a new enterprise project with an industry model using Wastewater Data Model and Water Date Model modules. After creating my feature classes for pipes and nodes, i created a new utility connecting the geometric feature classes (ex: WA_LINE) to the attribute feature classes (ex: WA_PIPE).

Browsing the Data Model folder, i saw that there is another geometric feature class (ex: Pipe View - WA_V_PIPE).

How do i connect this feature class to the ones that hold my attributes or geometry (ex: WA_V_PIPE to WA_PIPE or WA_LINE) ?

I couldn't find anywhere a refference to an element view feature class (ex: WA_V_VIEW, WA_V_ARMATURE, WA_V_FITTING)

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hence_the_name
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Gabriel,

these feature classes are Oracle views (ex: Pipe "View" - WA_V_PIPE) on the feature classes. The _V_ indicates this as well. You need to create/modify views in Oracle. They then will show up in Administrator.

There is no functionality in Administrator to create /maintain views. But Administrator comes with SQL Sheet (in File menu) which can be used for the task.

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: hence_the_name

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the help. I created the view as follows:

CREATE VIEW WATER_PIPE_V (PIPE_ID, PIPE_DIAM, GEOM,
FID UNIQUE RELY DISABLE NOVALIDATE,
CONSTRAINT FID_PK PRIMARY KEY (FID) RELY DISABLE NOVALIDATE)
AS SELECT P.PIPE_ID, P.PIPE_DIAM, L.GEOM, L.FID
FROM WATER_PIPE P, WATER_LINE L
WHERE P.FID = L.FID_ATTR ;

It didn't show up in the Administrator, so i went to Data Model - Pipe topic and tried to create a feature class from an existing view, but i recieved the following error: "No column FID found in View. A Feature Class needs a FID column".

Any thoughts? Do i need to modify the constraint or set some other parameters for the FID column?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: hence_the_name

It worked, i just had to do a left join in the view.

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost