AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modified date

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
geokh
442 Views, 3 Replies

modified date

Greetings, i would like to ask u this....

Iam using AutoCAD map 3D and i want to find out how to add modified date, or creation date to quick properties or properties? So I can see when this layer or this 3dpolyline was created and if i can see also by whom it was created...

The summary i want to add modified field to each layer i make, so when i modified it i can see when it was modified or created and by which user

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: geokh

Hi,

>>>crossposting<<<

You first need to write an app that watches creation and modifications of objects and save that date/time to the entities. If you have done these part of the work you can look for how to display this data in property-window.

Depending on what development-type you are using (ObjectARX, dotNET, LISP, ...) >>>this link<<< may be a help for how to get additional info displayed with the property window.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
geokh

Thx alfred, for ur help 🙂 , my friend is there a way to use thirdparty application that can help me do this or an ready lisp that i can use , i will look at the link u gave me , but for now is there a fast solution ?
Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> but for now is there a fast solution ?

Sorry, I don't know any application that is storing modificationdate and creationdate on each entity.

And I think there are things to verify how you need it, e.g. what date should be stored on a polyline that is joined from two lines with different creation dates ..., what happens with items you insert into a new drawing (are they new created or do they have to take the date from their original drawing) .... and where do you store the date/time of a geometry-modification of type "delete" ... and there are a lot more items to take care of.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost