AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-mapexport losing my selection "0 object(s) of 0 selected, exported in 0 sec(s)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pwned555
963 Views, 1 Reply

-mapexport losing my selection "0 object(s) of 0 selected, exported in 0 sec(s)

Hi, when I select some polygons and try to use -mapexport from the command line manually and programmatically it gives me "0 object(s) of 0 selected, exported in 0 sec(s).".

This is what I try to run programmatically (and the same thing from the command line)

docum.SendCommand("-mapexport" + vbCr + "shp" + vbCr + inFile + vbCr)

If isOverW Then
docum.SendCommand("O" + vbCr)
End If
docum.SendCommand("Y" + vbCr + "X:\Legends\Test.epf"+ ".epf" + vbCr + "S" + vbCr)
docum.SendCommand("P" + vbCr + "M" + vbCr + "last" + vbCr + vbCr + "*" + vbCr + "*" + vbCr + "N" + vbCr)
docum.SendCommand("P" + vbCr)

It is not an issue with my profile because I can use it with Map->Tools->Export->Shape. It seems like when I try to run the command the selections are lost and I'm not sure why.

I also get a problem when I try to select polygons and then go to Map->Tools->Export->Shape where they are lost there as well. However, if I select them again, import the same profile I am trying to use above and run it, it exports to a shape file correctly.

I have AutoCAD Map3D 2011 set to allow selections before command and it works for other commands

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: pwned555

Hi,

Did you try using UI tools and check if that works fine for your data?

I would suggest you to try the command line options and see the parameters it accepts and then use the same parameters in your code.

You might find the following topic useful to you :

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/2012/03/how-to-use-command-line-version-of-mapexport-fo...

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost