AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer.UpdateFeatures(); Layer.SaveFeatureChanges() is Slow

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
troy.miller
537 Views, 2 Replies

Layer.UpdateFeatures(); Layer.SaveFeatureChanges() is Slow

Hello,

I am working with the AutoDesk Geospatial platform API to connect to a SQL2008 spatial database. I have my application working but whenever I try to add/update features and save the changes it takes a long time. It takes about 5 seconds which making a user wait five seconds to add a feature is too long.

Is this the right approch to add features or is there another method to update features and then save to the database?

Here is a section of my code:

MgFeatureCommandCollection commands = new MgFeatureCommandCollection();

commands.Add(new MgInsertFeatures(MyPointLayer.FeatureClassName, propcol));

MyPointLayer.UpdateFeatures(commands);

MyPointLayer.SaveFeatureChanges(options);

Any insight would be appricated.

Thanks,

-Troy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kob4lt
in reply to: troy.miller

I think you don't have to call SaveChanges method on layer and did you try updating features like this

AcMapFeatureService fs = AcMapServiceFactory.GetService(MgServiceType.FeatureService) as AcMapFeatureService;

fs.UpdateFeatures(new MgResourceIdentifier(layer.FeatureSourceId), commands, false);

Message 3 of 3
troy.miller
in reply to: kob4lt

I found a documentation site that explains this.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Map_3D/enu/2012/Help/0000-AutoCAD_0/0015-Feature_15/0029-Updati...

I tried the featureservice method but the problem is AutoCAD does not update the layer correctly. It saves the data to the datasource but then AutoCAD re-overwrites it and I end up losing data. 

After my command to updateFeatures I would have to refresh each layer which takes longer then the "Edit Set" method from the above link.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost