AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

layer SRID doesn't match geometry SRID

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
750 Views, 2 Replies

layer SRID doesn't match geometry SRID

Hello,

Could somebody help me :

I have an Spatial Oracle Database (phone networking) and the source coordinate system has SRID 81989 (BritishNatGrid).

I want to make an Industry Model (I've already succeded it with Infrastructure Admin.) .

But in AutoCAD3D the coordinate system of the drawing (the nearest I found) BritishNatGrid EPSG 27700  it wasn't exacly the same with SRID 81989 and that's why I couldn't add a new feature on a specific layer.

I can modify the existing features but I can't insert anyone.

My problem is I can't find any coordinate system into AutoCAD coordinate system library that match to my source coordinate system and I don't want to change the source because is my customer database.

A solution could be to make a custom coordinate system but it's dificult(have to know all geodetic params.).

Have anybody any sugestions?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

If you run the command ADESETCRDSYS and search for a source coordiante system, you don't find any BritishNatGrid EPSG 27700? I'm on Autocad MAP 2013 sp2 amd it shows up.

If you run MAPCONNECT and browse to your data, what coordinate system shows up?

There are means to create coordinate systems but, as the one you need is common, you should'nt have to.

Regards.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well,

I found BritishNatGrid EPSG 27700 too.The issue is that this coordinate system doesn't match with SRID 81989 from Oracle.

I don't want to connect Oracle Database directly with AutoCAD and I want to connect this Database through Enterprise Industry Model.In fact if I try to connect it directly the coordinate system is Unknown.

Anyway.I found a coordinate system that works with 81989.It is British Ordinary Survey GRS80 Grid(GRS80).I'm not sure it is a correct transformation but the prove it works is that I can add (digitized) feature into the drawing.

If I use BritishNatGrid EPSG 27700 the result was: 0 digitized entity.

So thanks for opinion .I passed this issue.

Regards

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost