AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How create AutoCAD polyline feature from industry model feature in AutoCAD .net

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1039 Views, 6 Replies

How create AutoCAD polyline feature from industry model feature in AutoCAD .net

Hi All,

I want to create AutoCAD polyline feature from industry model feature through AutoCAD .net.

Industry model feature will have the Linestring with arc segment and Polygon with Arcsegment. i am having issue with reading and creating arc segment and i dont know how to do this.

Please note that, We should not use out of box command (i.e like MapextractGeometryFeature). i want to do this through .net code.

Please help us any sample code to create polyline with arcsegments from reading coordinates from industry model feature.

Thanks inadvance.

Regards,

Dayalan

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
drewbb
in reply to: Anonymous

Autodesk.Map.IM.GeometryConverter.AutoCAD.Converter converter = new Autodesk.Map.IM.GeometryConverter.AutoCAD.Converter();

object entity = converter.ConvertTo(feature.Geometry);

Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Polyline polyline = entity as Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Polyline;

//Append the new polyline to the block table record
//and add the newly created object via a transaction
//just as you would when creating any new AutoCAD entity

Sincerely,
Drew Burgasser, P.E.
CAD Masters, Inc.
www.cadmasters.com
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: drewbb

Thank you somuch. this is what expected. You are Amazing....

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi..

I saw few posts here for importing spatial data into autocad and this is what i have to do currently.. I already developed VBA code for the same but it takes lot of time to compelte. please let me know how to do this .net? autocad command "MAPIMPORTFDO" imports the data into cad quickly but it draws polylines as lines. how to implement this FDOIMPORT in C# and convert lines to polylines and make this retreival of data faster? 

Thanks in Advance for your valuable feedbacks.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Please provide the full code feature.geometry is missing.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I have a digitized map, Road network is having closed polygons with its Right of ways, Now i have to generate CenterLines for these polygons, we need to work on some GIS softwares for analysys on optimum route generation. Could u please if anybody provide LISP programmes on AutoCAD for this task it would be greatful.

Message 7 of 7
scheel

Hi,

is this the same theme?

Do you have the road Polygons in a industry model?

If not please create a new theme.

For your polygons from traffic technical view, it's not the right way to generate the axis of the streets out of the area polygons.

This depends of direction, parking slots, slope curves and so on included in the area polygons.

Otherwise your routing program will not work correctly, sorry. Normally the provider of the data should have the street axis data too.

Thorsten

Thorsten Scheel
Contelos GmbH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report