AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Oracle Spatial data to AUD Screen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rajeev_j
545 Views, 4 Replies

Display Oracle Spatial data to AUD Screen

Hi

I fetched Geometry data from Oracle Spatial Database but now i need to show/display the same to AUD Modal Space(i.e. AUD Screen).

I am fetching Oracle Spatial Data using custom code by using FDO.

This is URGENT.

Thanks,

Rajeev.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
djonio
in reply to: rajeev_j

What is an "AUD Screen"?

Message 3 of 5
rajeev_j
in reply to: djonio

Hi

By AUD Screen i mean to say the Modal Space.

Let`s supoose we have a drawing file being shown on the Map Area, now i have geometry data fetched from oracle spatial database which is a polygon.

I want to show this polygon on the drawing file. I supoose that we need to create a layer and then add it. But not sure weather thats the correct approach and also how do we do it.

Any sample code will help a lot.

Thanks,

Rajeev.

Message 4 of 5
rajeev_j

Hi

i am trying to get the current layer and then creating a new layer by adding my geomtry data to this layer but facing issues.

the custome code is

AcMapMap map = AcMapMap.GetCurrentMap();

AcMapLayer layer = (AcMapLayer)map.GetLayers().GetItem(0);

On code AcMapMap.GetCurrentMap(); there is no current map is getting rendered hence error on the 2nd line as "Index was out of bounds".

Please let me know as to how can i get the current map layer or how can i add a new layer.

Thanks,

Rajeev.

Message 5 of 5
djonio

I would recommend you take another look at the samples here: .....\Autodesk\Map ObjectARX SDK 2012\Map Samples\Platform.( or whatever your current flavor is)

I will be of little help to you. Some years ago I decided to work with the AutoCad objects directly and not use FDO.

I developed my own code for the translation between Oracle's SDO_GEOMETRY format and the AutoDesk format. It has worked for years and since then I only use "Map" for display and visualization.

Good luck to you...

dennis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost