AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate System definition in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nisunze
1437 Views, 2 Replies

Coordinate System definition in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012

Hello!

I have been struggling to define a new coordinate system in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 but I failed at the last step of defition; I always see the message telling me that I don't have the write access to the folder C:\ProgramData\AutodeskGeospatial Coordinate System\. 

I don't know if it's Windows 7(64 bit) which restrict me from accessing that location or ProdName. Anyway, I successfully login as SuperUser and I am Admin of my PC... 

Furthermore, I don't locate the folder which the warning message tells me that I have no access right.

I would appreciate a rapid feedback.

Thanks to you all

Nixon Magese

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: nisunze

Hi,

>> I am Admin of my PC

that does not mean you are running AutoCAD Map3D "as adminstrator". To have admin-rights does not mean that you can save files into a read-only folder (without doing something special).

>> Furthermore, I don't locate the folder which the warning message tells me

That is strange and that may be the source of the problem. For me: that folder does exist, if it does not at your pc you may have a problem with your Map3D-installation. In that case (you verirfied once more the non-existance of this folder) you should try a repair-install.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
nisunze
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred!

I have found the problem: I have to run the program as an Administrator. 

Still, I don't find the folder but that doesn't matter as I have successfully defined the coordinate systems that I wanted and I am trying to see how I can define new transformation paths.

Otherwise, I spent a lot of time defining and projecting data in ArcGIS before bringing them to AutoCAD Civil 3D.

Nixon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost