AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Map 3D - crating 3D points along a 3D polyline

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
toporachel
877 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD Map 3D - crating 3D points along a 3D polyline

Hello,

First of all, Happy New Year and all the best for 2013!

I havetwo 3D polylines. I need to compare the distance between the two 3D polylines every 1m. I want to create 3D points along each of the 3D polyline. I might create only 3D points along one 3D polyline and then draw 3D polylines along perpendicular tot he other 3D polyline. When using the perpendicular option in 3D does it work as a 3D perpendicular tool or just 2D. I want to make sure it picks up the right point on the 3D polyline.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Best Regards

Rachel HECK 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

>> When using the perpendicular option in 3D does it work as a 3D perpendicular tool or just 2D

3D perpendicular

Were that all questions or do you want to automate that (as this here is the developer forum)?

Because when developing a tool that does that you will calculate it with geometry-functions and not with AutoCAD objectsnap.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost