Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zooms to extents during hatch

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
33181 Views, 8 Replies

zooms to extents during hatch

I'm doing a hatch and when I select an object as boundary it automatically zooms to extents. it does not interrupt the hatch comand, I'm still able to zoom back to where I was and go on.

Today it did something new and therefore I think it's unrelated. when I finish the hatch comand it doesn't create a hatch and doesn't display any error message.

I think these issues are not related because, It doesn't zoom to extents if I do the hatch by picking points instead of selecting objects. And it doesn't create hatches, either by selecting boundaries or picking points.

are there any system variables that control this that I should know? is my file going crazy?

I tried the usual tricks - audit and purge. no change.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: Anonymous

The only current workaround is to set the UCSFOLLOW variable to 0.

Shawn Niles
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

thank you.

it worked.

it doesn't zoom extents anymore.

about the hatch pattern not showing: I figured what's wrong. the hatch is being created in a layer that's off and it's not the current layer. when I set that layer on again I found several of the hatch patterns I had tried before.

I tried changing the current layer in different ways, but it keeps creating hatches in that same layer that isn't current.

I won't worry about that now. I'll just change them to the right layer after they're done.

can't loose any more time with this.

thanks once again.

Message 4 of 9
Kate_LT

You're using AutoCAD LT 2011, right? Hatch layer is now a separate variable -- HPLAYER -- which is persistant during your drawing session. When you're in the hatch command, expand the Properties panel and set the Hatch Layer Override to whatever you want the hatch layer to be. Then it'll stick, and you won't have to worry about changing the layer after the fact.

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

thank you.

it worked.

I guess I have a lot to learn about LT 2011.

Message 6 of 9
Kate_LT

These demo videos are a good place to start for that.

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 7 of 9
ashrafcivil

Really Nice

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I had the same issue and am using AutoCAD Civil 3D. The same command of UCSFOLLOW:0 works the same for the full program.

Message 9 of 9
hbdesignbim7

UCSFOLLOW  = 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost