Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xrefs won't detach

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3824 Views, 4 Replies

xrefs won't detach

Working with LT2011.  I have a floor plan that has 3 xrefs in it that will not detach, but will unload.  Any ideas on how to remove these xrefs?

I should mention that the same drawing is xref'd into itself....have not idea how that happened, but have to get rid of that xref.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You cannot detach nested Xrefs, you have to be in the first file the XREF is attached to.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

The file and nested xref have the same file name and location, so don't know how to access the original file.

I solved the issue by wblock'ing the geometry which deleted the nested xrefs.

Message 4 of 5
Crass
in reply to: Anonymous

I have a drawing where two drawings are referenced twice mistakenly - both through a nested xref (attached in parent dwg) and through a direct xref. I want to delete the direct references. I use quickslect to chose the xref and hit delete, but then I still cannot detach. I thought Xref Manager would display these as unreferenced but it does not.

How should I proceed?

Thanks

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 5 of 5
Crass
in reply to: Crass

Oddly, I saved the file and opened and those duplicate references are gone. I am surprised that I did not see that they were unreferenced in Xref Manager.

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost