Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xref line thickness

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ski_ak
11855 Views, 6 Replies

xref line thickness

I xrefed a source file (proposed site) that i have been xrefing into many various sheets without problem. However, on one of my sheets that i am setting up a few of the lines are showing up as very thick, even though they are set to a layer, linetype by layer, lintype scale 1, and color by layer they arnt following my .ctb color table like it has on every other drawing... any ideas as to what may have made these few lines get thick?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
drjohn
in reply to: ski_ak

I don't have ACAD in front of me now, but isn't there a button on the status bar that is SHOW LINEWEIGHTS or something like that? Toggle that and see if it helps.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 7
ski_ak
in reply to: drjohn

Yeah, it wasnt anything to do with that. It ended up being the global width, which is something ive never actually ran into suprisingly. Thanks for the help though!

Message 4 of 7
JMont

Same problem here but I didn't have any luck from going into my xref and changing the z values or global width.  The blurry xref objects are simply lines and texts with Z-elevation of zero (see attached screen capture).  And as you can see there some of the xref'ed objects are displaying normally on the screen... Anyone?

Message 5 of 7
pendean

Those look like LWEIGHT settings, nothing to do with what you tried so far.
Message 6 of 7
JMont
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
Those look like LWEIGHT settings, nothing to do with what you tried so far.

First off, the 'show/hide lineweight' button is toggled off, so I shouldn't even be seeing lineweights in my display.  Second, I've investigated the lineweights of the xref layers, the layer that the xref is on, and opened the actual xref to check if lineweight had been set to anything but bylayer, and nothing seems to be a problem.  Some objects are on the same layer with the same lineweight and displaying differently.  If I open the xref they appear fine.  I tried detaching and reattaching to no avail.

Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: JMont

Time to post the files (or at least the XREF) for others to examine: or hang on for more guesses.

Delete any delicate info first.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost