Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF command not working

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Crass
7750 Views, 6 Replies

XREF command not working

Hello all,

I am trying to xref a file in and when I select open through _XATTACH nothing happens. No subsequent dialog box opens up asking me to choose location, rotation, attach/bind, etc. The command just dies and I am back in my dwg.

Any thoughts? 

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Crass

Tap F2 after you try and is there anything at the Command line unusual?

Message 3 of 7
pendean

Type XREF at the command line: anything?
Message 4 of 7
Crass
in reply to: Charles_Shade

xref fail

This is what I get when I hit F2.

Yes, I have tried to evoke the command through toolbar, typing XREF, typing _XATTACH

All the same result. It is as if the command just cancels out. Also, this is not file specific and I can attach images. The problem only occurs when I try dwgs

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 5 of 7
Charles_Shade

Couple of clarification questions:

Did you change from two to one monitors perhaps?

Or screen resolution?

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Do you get back to the command line, or does LT act as if it is frozen and you have to ESC to get back?

have you restarted Windows?

What changed recently, a new PC? a new Windows log-in? Add or remove software? Autodesk software?

Have you tried a Windows Restore back to a day or week or month it all worked?

have you tried a repair reinstall of LT as a last resort?

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

It's probably your XREF window that's obscurred.  This just happened in our office and we figured it out.

If you have your PROPERTIES and/or TOOLPALETTES windows docked to the sides or bottom of your screen, move 'em out towards the middle, and you'll probably see a tiny bar of a window that is your XREF window.  Bring that out and update its settings to just float, and then put your PROPERTIES and/or TOOLPALETTES windows back where they belong.  🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost