Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xclip boundaries gone

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
allenbe11
457 Views, 8 Replies

xclip boundaries gone

I recently downloaded AutoCAD LT 2012 and used the trial version for a couple of weeks before purchasing a copy.  I noticed that during the trial version I could click on a clipped x-ref and editable boundaries appeared.  This was without a visible frame when the xclip was unselected.  After registering my copy I can no longer see xclip boundaries when I select them unless the FRAME is set to (1) or (2).  Any idea how to get back to where I can have editable xclip boundaries without a visible frame?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
drjohn
in reply to: allenbe11

Try the XCLIPFRAME variable rather than FRAME:

0= The frame is not visible and it is not plotted.

The frame temporarily reappears during selection preview or object selection.

1=The clipped xref frame is displayed and plotted

2=The clipped xref frame is displayed but not plotted

The FRAME system variable overrides the XCLIPFRAME setting.Use the XCLIPFRAME system variable after the FRAME system variable to reset the clipped xref frame settings

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 9
allenbe11
in reply to: drjohn

"Try the XCLIPFRAME variable rather than FRAME:

0= The frame is not visible and it is not plotted.

The frame temporarily reappears during selection preview or object selection."

I have already tried XCLIPFRAME.  The problem is that even when the XCLIPFRAME is set to "0" the frame does not temporarily reappear during selection for me.  I am wondering why it used to reappear but now does not.

Message 4 of 9
drjohn

You only mentioned the FRAME variable in your post .... sorry.

The FRAME system variable overrides the XCLIPFRAME setting.Use the XCLIPFRAME system variable after the FRAME system variable to reset the clipped xref frame settings

System info (display info especially)?

Regards,

DJ

Message 5 of 9
Kate_LT

Have you changed your selection preview settings lately? (Options dialog, Selection tab.)

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 6 of 9
allenbe11
in reply to: Kate_LT

DJ,  sorry I did fail to mention that in my first post.  My bad.

Kate, I may have, but nothing in the options looks like it would affect the presence of xclip boundaries.  There may be a setting somewhere else that I changed, but I can't think of what that would be.

Message 7 of 9
allenbe11

Ok, I finally figured it out.  It was the FRAMESELECTION command that needed to be changed from 0 to 1.  Thanks for your help!

Message 8 of 9
Kate_LT

Aha, of course.

The SELECTIONPREVIEW variable can also affect frame display for non-selected objects--that's what I was referring to in my post.

Please mark your own post with "accept as solution" to help others who may have this problem.

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 9 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Kate_LT

I see a bog topic in the making Kate 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost