Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X Ref Help

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rdcain
234 Views, 3 Replies

X Ref Help

I have been working with some floorplans and xref'ing the plans into a separate file for title blocks. I had to change some layers in my orginal floorplan drawings for lineweight & color, but when I go into the title block file in which the floor plans are being x ref'd into, the newly changed layers are not being reflected & the floorplans reflect the layers before I changed them.  

I have re-loaded all of the the x ref files, but the original file before the changes were made are still showing up.

Any idea what I am missing...I am lost for answers. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: rdcain

Assuming you made no geometry changes and the only thing that is happening is the layer colors/linetypes don't change then it's just gotta be seeing that old file somewhere. Check your xref path. See where it's pointing.

Failing that, detach the xrefs, check to see that the layers are gone also,  and reattach them manually by browsing to the new file. A sure way of doing it is to rename the files but that prolly is not possible. Could do it for a test though.

I'm not sure about this, but if the files are still attached but just unloaded  then the layers may remain and thus the old layer config is showing up 'cause ACAD will take the layer config of the current drawing (your "host" drawing?).  Re-loading should have taken care of that, but stranger things have happened with ACAD. Much stranger. Smiley Very Happy

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: rdcain

VISRETAIN in the top file, when turned on, it suppresses changed being made to XREFs. Look it up in HELP, or simply detach (not unload) and reattach your XREFs.

Message 4 of 4
rdcain
in reply to: pendean

I found that detaching the file finally worked for me.

Thanks to both for your response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost