Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong drawing opens

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
katie1994
250 Views, 4 Replies

Wrong drawing opens

A new glitch has been occuring with my Autocad LT 2013. If I go to File and scroll down to the recently opened drawings and select a drawing, often an old drawing opens instead of the one I want. It is always the same old drawing which I haven't worked on in over a year. I don't know what triggers it because it only happens intermittently. But it is always the same drawing that opens when it does happen. And then I have to go to Open and search out the drawing I want because everytime I try to access it through Recently Opened the wrong file opens.

Any ideas?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: katie1994

The file in that list is the wrong one, and since you keep opening it, it's never going to go away from the list.

OPEN and SAVE about a dozen other files, then OPEN the one you want and see if the correct one will now appear in the list.
Message 3 of 5
katie1994
in reply to: pendean

No, I have been doing that for the past year. It just randomly opens, I don't know what triggers it. The file name is not even in the list of recent drawings.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Weird indeed.
Message 5 of 5
drjohn

@katie1994 wrote:

No, I have been doing that for the past year. It just randomly opens, I don't know what triggers it. The file name is not even in the list of recent drawings.

If the file loads, find it in Win Explorer and move it to another location (or rename it) for a test to see if it loads then.  That will prolly get it out of the cycle cause ACAD can't find it to load. Maybe just add   .TEST   to the end of the filename.

I know that there are file structures you want to keep, but this is just for a test.

Regards,

DJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost