Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows wallpaper problem after install

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
lwloop
276 Views, 7 Replies

Windows wallpaper problem after install

After installing AutoCAD LT 2000i on two PCs here at work the wallpaper on both is reset to "(none)" on each reboot.
Even though the wallpaper is then set to the desired image or Webshots, it goes to "(none)" on the next reboot. Both of these PCs had Webshots installed and running when the installation was done. Anybody else have this problem? Any solution?

Larry Loop
Lockheed Martin
Owego, NY
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
lwloop
in reply to: lwloop

If anyone has an idea here you can reply directly to me at larry.loop@lmco.com
Thanx!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

The idea of NewsGroups is to share information, not as a place to request
personal help via email.

In any case, your question is more than a little vague. What *kind* of
problem are you having, and after installing *what*? The wallpaper? Windows?
AutoCAD?
___

"lwloop" wrote in message
news:f029eea.0@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> If anyone has an idea here you can reply directly to me at
larry.loop@lmco.com
> Thanx!
>
Message 4 of 8
lwloop

Sorry about that ...Paul. I was only offering another option for anyone who might be able to help me.
And to repeat...
>>the *kind* of problem is: "the wallpaper on both (PCs) is reset to "(none)" on each reboot. Even though
the wallpaper is then set to the desired image or Webshots, it goes
to "(none)" on the next reboot."
>> *what* I installed: "after installing AutoCAD LT 2000i"
And to add more clarity: The operating system is Windows 95 and it was installed before I installed
AutoCAD LT 2000i. Re. the wallpaper, to repeat: "Both of these PCs had Webshots installed and running
when the installation was done." -Larry Loop
Message 5 of 8
RyanK

(Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem)
I am also running Win95 with AutoCAD LT 2000i. I installed AutoCAD LT 2000i on to 4 computers. I had Internet Explorer4 installed and AC2000i updated it to IE5.0 automatically. So I then upgraded Internet Explorer to 5.5 The computers all now have the same problem as lwloop has described. I also get a message, after login, that says "Win95 is updating the following files:". But it does not list the files it is updating. It does this 'updating' everytime, even when no prgrams have been added or removed from the computer.
Any help would be appreciated.
Message 6 of 8
JakeDelgado6031

I have had this problem exactly as you described it. Isn't it curious how quiet Autodesk support is on this issue when they are so quick to reply to possible breeches of the license agreement. To Autodesk support: Please support us by providing a solution to this problem! I am sure your programming wizards can find the location in the registry that will correct this problem.
Message 7 of 8
anthonyhunter

Is there a solution to this problem???? I have been suffering with the same fault since upgrading to LT2000. And NO I can't upgrade my OS from Win95 as I have to develop RealTime software on DOS. This restricts me to Win95. Surely someone has a soultion to the wallpaper problem

Anthony
Message 8 of 8
JakeDelgado6031

Don't hold your breath, Anthony. Autodesk does not see any profit in supporting this application with Win95. The Autodesk vision these days is to force its user base to buy products with features it did not ask for and take a hit in performance to boot. If any of us want a solution to this problemm, we will have to fool around with the registry ourselves (if we are feeling brave) or live with it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost