Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
233 Views, 2 Replies

Windows 8

I've been using an older (early 00's) version of LT and it is adequate for my needs, especially now that I'm retired. Problem is: with Windows no longer supporting XP, plus my having an older machine, I purchased a new HP desktop running Windows 8. When setting it up, I discovered that my LT software would not run on Windows 8. I hate to keep the old machine around just to run LT but other than that, do I have any options to continue using my versions of LT?  Being retired, updating to a newer version is probably not financially feasible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sean.mcinnes
in reply to: Anonymous

One solution that you might not like to hear is that you can probably downgrade to Windows 7, but before doing that check that the AutoCAD version you have works on Windows 7! If you let us know which version it is we might be able to comment further.

http://www.microsoft.com/OEM/en/licensing/sblicensing/Pages/downgrade_rights.aspx#fbid=GBNs8qBd9Yj

It may not be the solution but thought it was worth a mention!

Sean

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

In addition to other advice offered... Win8 offers compatibility modes for older software, the old software you still want to use might work under those conditions. Explained at Microsoft's website, explore as needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost