Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 compatibility with Autocad lt 2002

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
33billy00
17545 Views, 9 Replies

Windows 7 compatibility with Autocad lt 2002

I recently bought a new computer and installed Autocad LT 2002. After I installed it, I started to draw a project out and about 5 min in it locks up and gives me an internal error gedit 3. I have looked at the forums and tried most of the options but cannot find updates.

Does anyone have any ideas, any patches or updates for LT2002?

Wyatt
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Charles_Shade
in reply to: 33billy00

http://www.google.com/search?q=LT2002+GEDIT3&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&c...

{color:#008000}Investigate, Explore, Do...{color}

Good luck with the reading. Autodesk stopped worrying about 2002 about 5 years ago. The error is probably an incompatible program operating in the rear. Start turning off background apps to you find the offender or move into LT 2010, maybe even 2011 in March.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 3 of 10
33billy00

I have found a solution to my problem with windows 7. Windows 7 offers an XP mode. Once that was installed, all of the errors went away and Autocad Lt 2002 runs great.
Message 4 of 10
Charles_Shade

Thanks for posting the solution.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 5 of 10
kcbi

I have installed Autocad LT 2002 on my new computer that runs Windows 7. I need to purchase Windows 7 Professional to be able to run in XP mode. Will running Autocad LT 2002 in XP mode fix the GETID 3 Error? Does running Windows 7 in XP mode allow Autocad LT 2002 to run properly?
Message 6 of 10
Charles_Shade

Maybe. While you wait conduct a Google search and see what you can find.
Autodesk keeps patches and updates for previous versions available that were created way back when.
Have you checked here to see if your install is fully patched?: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/linkedsumindex?siteID=123112&id=2334430&linkID=9240818
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 7 of 10
bbunt_r

seem to have the same problem. was that XP mode running as a virtual PC in Win 7 Professional, ultimate or enterprise ?

XP mode is not included in Win 7 Home Premium. or were you running the program compatibiity utility ?

thanks

Message 8 of 10
NEWGRANDMA

PRIOR TO PURCHASING A NEW LAPTOP I RESEARCHED THE COMPATABILITY OF WINDOWS 7 AND AUTOCAD LT 2002.  I UPGRADED THE OS TO WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL AND THEN ADDED VIRTUAL XP.

AFTER INSTALLING AUTOCAD LT 2002, I ENCOUNTERED THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS:

1 - CURSOR HOVERS OVER CROSSHAIRS

2-  IMPOSSIBLE TO INSERT BLOCKS - BLOCK, CURSOR AND CROSSHAIRS FLOAT WITH JERKING MOTIONS OVER THE ENTIRE SCREEN.  BLOCK WILL NOT LAND WHERE I TRY TO POINT FOR LOCATION.

3 -  OSNAPS DO NOT CLICK AS SET

4 - THE PROGRAM IS EXTREMELY SLOW.

NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS TO FIND A SOLUTION HAVE RESULTED IN MORE CONFUSION.  ATTACHED IS THE MOST DIRECT APPROACH BUT WITH A LIMITED KNOWLEDGE OF THE WORKINGS OF THE OS I'VE BEEN HESITANT TO TRY ANYTHING MORE THAN WORKING ON MY 7 YEAR OLD DESKTOP AND TURNING OFF THE NEW LAPTOP.

PERHAPS SOMEONE MORE KNOWLEDGABLE IN COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY COULD REVIEW THIS DOCUMENT AND REPLY.

I MUST SAY THAT IN REVIEW FORUMS ON THE ISSUE I'M NOT ALONE IN WANTING TO USE AN OLDER PROGRAM.  I MUST VOICE MY DISAPPOINTMENT IN THE LACK OF SUPPORT FROM THE SOFTWARE MANUFACTURERS FOR THESE OLDER PROGRAMS.  I PREFER DOS COMMANDS TO GENERATE DRAWINGS.  IN GENERATING ONLY 2D FILES THE PROGRAM I HAVE IS MORE THAN SUFFICIENT.  I USE THE NEWER PROGRAMS IN OTHER OFFICES AND I STILL PREFER THE OLDER VERSIONS.

Message 9 of 10
pendean
in reply to: NEWGRANDMA

Try searching these forums, there are many tips from users like yourself. Try them all, there is no magic bullet solution.

Message 10 of 10
NEWGRANDMA
in reply to: bbunt_r

VIRTUAL XP MODE RUNNING IN WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost