Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 Acad LT 12

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Alasdair1
684 Views, 18 Replies

Windows 7 Acad LT 12

I will try and explain my small problem.My .dwg files in exployer no longer have the Blue and yellow icon and the the file type is only displayed as DWG file. On my other PC running LT12 has the icon. On PC 2 the following properties are displayed:

PC2

Type of file: AutoCAD Drawing (.dwg)

Opens with: AutoCAD Launcher

PC1 with the problem

Type of file: DWG File (.dwg)

Opens with: AutoCAD LT Application

It would appear that the AutoCAD Launcher is missing. I believe that there should not be any difference between the two installations. It is very annoying as on PC 1 I do most of my work and the DWG have a very small icon with is one I have never seen before.

Your advice would be appreciated.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Hi,

Can you try the following solution and let us know whether it helps or not,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2893615&linkID=9240617

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 19

Many thanks for the reply. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. The solution was for Windows XP. Sorry, but where do I access the required settings.

Message 4 of 19

Sorry for the mistake. You can do the same on Windows 7. The Microsoft link below will tell you more details on file association settings in Windows 7,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-which-programs-Windows-uses-by-default

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 19

Could not make changes. It would appear that the AutoCAD DWG Launcher is missing.

Main Computer Files = Which has the problem.

.dwg / DWG File / AutoCAD LT Application

Second Computer Working OK Files read =

.dwg / AutoCAD LT Drawing / AutoCAD DWG Launcher.

So it would appear on my Main Computer the AutoCAD DWG Launcher is missing.

Message 6 of 19
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Alasdair1

Have you tried a repair install of LT on the offending computer?

From your first post in this thread can the option AutoCAD LT Application be selected in that dialog?

From your two threads it appears that your installation of LT has been corrupted. Is this true? Does the program not run normally?

Try a restore of the OS to prior to the problem and/or the repair install prior to more drastic options.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 7 of 19
pendean

Windows Explorer (in any Windows version)

Right-click over any DWG file, select OPEN WITH, in the new popup that appears, if you don't see AutoCAD DWG Launcher there is a reinstall of LT2012 in your immediate future. To do it correctly, you must follow the Autodesk guidelines for removal and reinstall if a repair did nto restore what you seek.

Message 8 of 19
Alasdair1
in reply to: pendean

Can you please explain in my immediate future. I have reinstalled AutoCAD LT 2012 and the problem still exist with the non installation of the Launcher. I access my drawings from the AutoCAD programme. Its a bit annoying the icon no longer exists. I do not have any problems with the running of my AutoCAD other than my two posts.

Message 9 of 19
Charles_Shade

Reads like its time for the more drastic measures:

Remove Autodesk Products:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

then reinstall. This should clear this up.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 10 of 19
Alasdair1
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Removed all AutoCAD programmes and other AutoCAD associated files. Reinstalled AutoCAD LT 2012. Has not made any difference to files in Windows explorer they still do not appear with the AutoCAD symble and the AutoCAD LT Launcher is not installed. Bit of a problem, Could it be a problem with Win 7 OS. Works OK on PC 2.

Message 11 of 19
Charles_Shade

Can you post a screenshot of the icon?

Message 12 of 19
Alasdair1

Hope this works

Message 13 of 19
Charles_Shade

That looks like an Autodesk icon related to the Autocad LT 2012 Application.

I changed the file associativity to that on my own system and the program worked fine.

LT Application or Launcher made no difference.

Message 14 of 19
Alasdair1

Must agree the same for me it does work. So no problems in openning up a dwg file but very annoying that the autoCAD dwg symble has vanished.

Message 15 of 19
pendean
Message 16 of 19
pendean
in reply to: pendean

or select a DWG file in Windows Explorer, right-click and select Customize Type, then Icon tab, then whatever icon you want I believe is all you need to do.

Or try a freeware like TYPES http://types.en.uptodown.com/

Message 17 of 19

Hi,

What service pack level you are in Windows 7. Can you create another user login in Windows 7 and see whether it helps to populate the extensions correctly. Do you get any errors during the time of reinstall. You can go to Start -> Run -> %temp% (to access temp folder). Please look out for any ACAD error logs with extension .log and send it to me. I will investigate further. Meanwhile, please try testing with another user login and let us know how it went.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 18 of 19
tedmeisenheimer

Autocad 2012 LT locks up when using the copy and move commands.  This last for a minute or more then starts working again.  The rest of the computer works fine while this is going on.  Intel i7 2600  16 GB ram  Nvidia G force GTX 460 video card, Windows 7 Home Edition with SP 1 and latest upgades.

Message 19 of 19
Alasdair1
in reply to: tedmeisenheimer

Many thanks for all the help. The only way that I solved my problem was to reformat and re-install my AutoCAD LT 2013 after I had re-installed Windows 7 Ultimate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost