Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why isn't my trim working?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2688 Views, 4 Replies

why isn't my trim working?

I type "tr" for trim..Enter twice...

I have an arc with a text over it representing a cable with its call out...

the commend doesn't work on the arc to trim around the callout...

it literally works one minute, then the stops the next...

I have found that if I move the text slightly over the arc then it might work, but this is a pain in the...

Help?"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
drjohn
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you familiar with "bounding boxes"?

If you type the command QTEXT and press return and do a regenall the text will turn into boxes. Those are the bounding boxes that are the limits of the text. They are also the trim lines for the arc or circle.

If you select the text as the trim object and the bounding box of the text does not cross the arc or circle it won't trim.

From what I understood from your post, this may be the issue you are running up against.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: drjohn

I think I understand the "Bounding Box", the boundary of the text. In this case it would determine the trim. If I understand you correctly, you are saying that my text is not on top of the arc, or the text boundary isnt crossing the arc. This is not the case.

I use the key stroke "TR" for trim... then press enter twice...and select the arc at a point that I know is within the Text's boundary, the arc is then trimmed around the text at the "boundary box". This is the method I use all the time, but for some reason its just not working on some arcs...

I have found that if I type the keystroke "TR"... hit enter once... select both the arc and text...hit enter again.. then select the arc in side the boundary box... that works... just a fe more steps then im used to...

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: drjohn

thanks anyways dr.

Message 5 of 5
drjohn
in reply to: Anonymous

Since it is not consistant, another shot in the dark since I can't see the entities, could it perhaps be the draworder?

Naaaa ... that's stupid.  n/m

Smiley Indifferent

Regards,

DJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost