Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to set the Fade Control of Locked Layers

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
octavio2
41946 Views, 10 Replies

Where to set the Fade Control of Locked Layers

Can you advise where is the setting to change the Fade Control when you lock a layer?

(It is not the same as the Fade Control of the External References in the Display tag of the Options dialog.  I know that one and I am awere of this one.)

The one that I want to know is of the locked layers.  When I lock a layer, the objects in the layer fade.

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
sthompson1021
in reply to: octavio2

Hi, the command is LAYLOCKFADECTL.

Message 3 of 11
octavio2

Thanks.

Is this setting not available also somewhere easy to find or to set location like in the Options dialog or in the Menu bar or in the Ribbon? 

We use AutoCAD Lite 2013.

Message 4 of 11
sthompson1021

If it is, I haven't found it. It's one of those commands that I only use when I update from one year to the next so I have it written down on my cheat sheetSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 11
sthompson1021

It is on the RibbonSmiley Surprised. I use classic so I never looked for it there.

Message 6 of 11
octavio2

Thanks for your help, sthompsom. 

Message 7 of 11
TJKawaguchi
in reply to: sthompson1021

Your post was five years ago -- and it's still helping people.

Much appreciated.

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11

type LAYER, on the top right corner click on the settings button, under isolate layer settings, turn on LOCK AND FADE set from 1-100%

Message 9 of 11
rahman402
in reply to: devillord1990

@devillord1990 wrote:

type LAYER, on the top right corner click on the settings button, under isolate layer settings, turn on LOCK AND FADE set from 1-100%

i want change only  one layer colour how is it ? other layer make dark and one lock layer is brightness high specially text

Message 10 of 11
pendean
in reply to: rahman402

@rahman402 wrote:

i want change only  one layer colour how is it ? other layer make dark and one lock layer is brightness high specially text

LAYER command is used to change a layer's color: you can adjust or turn off locked layer fading levels with LAYLOCKFADECTL variable as discussed in HELP and here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/AutoC...

Message 11 of 11
doanthaihung
in reply to: rahman402

Layer Settings -> Isolate Layer Settings -> Off -> OK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost