Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is stored the "HOME" in the DesignCenter ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
c.dufrene
309 Views, 6 Replies

Where is stored the "HOME" in the DesignCenter ?

I would like to copy this settings so our all engineering team will have direct access to a specific block library.

Is it in the acadlt.cuix ? or the profile.aws ? or somewhere else ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
drjohn
in reply to: c.dufrene

Place yourblock lib wherever you want and add that path to the list.

TOOLS > OPTIONS > Files tab > Support File Search Path

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 7
pendean

It's probably in the Windows Registry: it would not be in any end-user easily accessed spot.

Is there a reason you all don't want to use Toolpalettes? Much easier to share.
Message 4 of 7
c.dufrene
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for answers.

I'm still waiting to have a specific training about Toolpalette, so I'm not really used to it... neither if fits my needs...

The initial idea was to "mirror" all the standard details from our company to a server accessible (read only) by engineering team, this server is replicated every night to our foreign units where we also have engineering team.

We are talking about 80+ people in 7 countries...

I already managed an entreprise menu on this server and registry settings by units.

Message 5 of 7
pendean

I believe you will find Toolpalettes will fit your exact needs and requirements, and management of which is much simpler. I do see where you are headed with ADCENTER, but it's not as flexible for your exact needs.

Message 6 of 7
c.dufrene
in reply to: pendean

I'll give a try to Toolpalette, but be aware that we are talking og 7000+ dwg in 200+ folders and subfolders...

And what about the maintenance of the files in the Toolpalette ?

All those files are subject to revision, so engineering people should have access to the latest one.

I'm a bit afraid that Toolpallette require lots of handling compare to the shortcut in Designcenter...

Message 7 of 7
Bob_Zurunkle

The idea of a toolpalette is to have a bunch of blocks in one (or several) container drawing(s) in a central location. Then everyone whose toolpalettes are set up properly pulls the blocks they need from those common containers. If you have a tool palette created, and a container drawing open, first you use Design Center to list all of the blocks in that drawing. Then you drag and drop them (one at a a time) onto the palette, from the Design Center. You repeat this process for each person connected to the container drawing(s). After that you can close the container drawing, and then you can drag and drop from the toolpalette onto your current drawing. This way, any updates to a block can be done in the container drawing, and everyone will be pulling the latest versions!

You can create as many palettes as you'd like, if you want to keep different blocks in different categories. I have some in a Steel one, and some for the Channel we use, and some for various different connectors, etc. Good luck!

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost