Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is "Drawing True Convert" download

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
CottageCGirl
47843 Views, 18 Replies

Where is "Drawing True Convert" download

Looking to download it and can't seem to find it.

-Thanks
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: CottageCGirl

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/mform?siteID=123112&id=8318668

--

Gilbert L. "Chip" Harper

AutoDesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Web: http://www.hot4cad.com
Message 3 of 19
CottageCGirl

Thanks!
Message 4 of 19
katie1994

So what is the answer? That's not a vaid link on my computer. Please, take pity on the user and give us a bit more information. If we knew what we were doing we wouldn't have to be here asking questions! Not every user is a programer.

Message 5 of 19
Charles_Shade
in reply to: katie1994

Sorry that took a while.

I had to re-write our code in the Google Search engine to accept: "Drawing True Convert" as a query.

The Converter is built into TrueView.

Regards,

Google Software Team

Message 6 of 19
hwalker
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Smiley Very Happy

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 19
madcowscarnival
in reply to: katie1994

katie1994,

If you haven't found another solution in looking for True Convert, I have it.  I too can not stand True View.  Its cluttered, difficult to use, and, in my case, will not install on my OS because of some made up error in communicating with .NET 4.0 though no other programs have that issue.

True Convert gets the job done, quickly and simply, though I suspect it does not support the most recent versions of AutoCad.

EDIT:  After zipping the file to upload, its 32MB.  If you need it, and have a file sharing site I'll send it to you.  I doubt the forum can take that size as an upload.

Message 8 of 19
katie1994
in reply to: madcowscarnival

What am I supposed to be doing? I did not understand your information.

Message 9 of 19

In post #4 you seemed to request a valid link to a download of DWG True Convert.  There is no longer a valid link to that program, however, I still have the original install file for version 2007.  If you want a copy of TrueConvert, I can send it to you.  I can not post it on the forum as attachments are limited in size.

However, DWG True View will perform the functions of TrueView as well.

If this has nothing to do with what you were requesting, please disregard.

Message 10 of 19
pendean

Amazing how old posts just pop-up 🙂

Message 11 of 19
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Usually from a New Member.

Probably thru Google hits.

That will keep them guessing about the use of the Search function in these Forums

Message 12 of 19
pendean

The old TRUECONVERT is just that: OLD. It does not support current DWG formats.

Message 13 of 19

A new member?  I've been a member on these boards since 06.  I was searching for True Convert using the mentioned search function, saw an unresolved message with dead links and no answer, though with the requisite smartaleck response.  I answered what I thought was the question though it was apparently not. 

However, if someone indeed does search for the old program True Convert, they will most likely come across this thread.  Consider it updated reference information for future users.

Message 14 of 19

Not you specifically as a New Member. I know that you are not and have read your informative posts over the years.

Often there is a New Member who will post to an old, sometimes years old, thread that is no longer relevant to the current release or is obvious that the OP never came back after thier initial post or follow-up.

There is a concurrent discussion going on about the current state of the Search system in these Forums.

More than a few are lamenting that it has taken a step backward and that they have better luck searching Google for an answer from the Forum.

My belief is that is not what the implementors are expecting of the Search function.

Message 15 of 19
mak383

Greetings,

I lost the program with my hard drive crash and would like to ask for a copy as well. Would you be willing to share that please.

Respectfully,

Mark K.

mak383@yahoo.com

Message 16 of 19
pendean
in reply to: mak383

If you want the old program, it's on your "old" disk that your "old" version of AutoCAD?LT was on.

Otherwise, download the free viewer DWGTRUEVIEW and the TRUECONVERT feature is built right into it.

Message 17 of 19
dprice75

Just like the guys @ MSFT, they just can't leave a good thing alone...

I found this link to the old version of trueconvert.

http://cadpanacea.com/node/80

Dan-O

Message 18 of 19
pendean
in reply to: dprice75

old version = useless for newer DWG formats, which at some point you will come across.

just sayin'.... .

Message 19 of 19
kangtoo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost