Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Server / HTTP / Webdav Sheet Set MGR Issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
404 Views, 1 Reply

Web Server / HTTP / Webdav Sheet Set MGR Issue

I am running a QNAP server with a web dav connection (we do a lot of work outside of our local office network and I already have a VPN connection).

On the Webdav server, I can open Autocad files, work in them, and save them to our remote server with no issues at all. The speed is fast and I have not had any issues with the login credentials. It took some time to set-up our new Windows 7 machines in regards to changing the registry authentication - but the authentication works fine.

The problem is that the Sheet Set Wizard is not finding the Autocad files on the websever. Using the sheet set wizard I can tunnel through the folders where the .dwg is located with a layout as a separate tab in paper space. When using the wizard, it does not appear that the file even exists.

When I copy the file to my local hard drive, I can use the Sheet Set Wizard properly. I have another drive which is mapped using a VPN protocol, and the Sheet Set Wizard is able to find the file too. I have tried seaching about this item for sometime and have not turned up any results with QNAP or the Autodesk Forums. Right now I am in a blaming game between QNAP and Autodesk and I'm not certain myself, who is responsible for the issue. Here are some other points that may or may not be of interest.

- I connect to the web server using 'other credentials' because the laptop and webserver usernames are not the same.

- The server is mapped the the same network drive on all computers

- The use is common with other computers and individual login credentials.

- All windows updates have been installed

- Virus protection software (Windows and others) tried with the protection on and off.

- No idea if it is an Autodesk issue, QNAP, (or worse) Microsoft.

Hope that you guys can give some attention to this issue.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Webdav (and Sharepoint) is not supported in the program: no need to 'blame' anyone, it's not a designed option in the software. Maybe in the future.

AutoCAD 360, the cloud based version, is Webdav capable but I don't think it offers SSM yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost