Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VisualCADD drawings open in AutoCAD LT 2011

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
nida
664 Views, 1 Reply

VisualCADD drawings open in AutoCAD LT 2011

I have my previous drawings in Visual CADD 5.0.  I have converted them in .dwg format but when I open in AutoCAD LT 2011 the text and dimensions are no longer on the same place and creats a messy look. Is there any option I can have the same setting of text and dimensions in AutoCAD LT ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
namssurt
in reply to: nida

Unfortunately not. The method by which VisualCadd describes the text is vastly different than the method used by Acad. That is part of the reason for the text style translation table used in VCadd. Additionally to the font styles being described differently, the location of text is also described differently, ie what is used as the anchor point in one does not uniformly relate to the other. Vcadd was an excellent product at the time, but the constant changing of ownership to eventually a company that wanted it to vanish since they already had a lower end program that was its competitor (IMSI with Turbocad) assured its eventual demise. There is still a Vcadd user's group out there, and they may be more likely to help you since the percentage of Vcadd users that have had Acad translation issues is far more than the reverse scenario.

jg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost