Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport anomaly - help please

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
benlubberts
561 Views, 5 Replies

Viewport anomaly - help please

Hello fellow autocad associates.

I have multiple viewports in one layout. They do not overlap because I initially created them as polygons, converted into regions, subtracted from each other, then converted into viewports. So everything is nice and orderly.

All my layers are thawed, unlocked.

After working on a different layout and then closing and reopening the file, the first viewport created (the largest one) has gone rogue. It's borders seem to be the size of the entire layout, overlapping the other viewports. I cannot delete it as it's borders are no visible, hence I also cannot select it. But it is a nucience because it is overtop of my other viewports meaning it is the default when I pan in model space!

I hope I don't have to delete this layout and start again. Has anyone come across this before?!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: benlubberts

Thaw and turn ON all layers, then REGENALL if needed, to get the layer the viewports are on to be visible for you to select.

Message 3 of 6
benlubberts
in reply to: pendean

All layers are on and visible, and all layers are thawed. I have regenerated and audited both in model and layout space.

Still the view remains without any borders.

I wonder if it has anything to do with making my original polygon into a region and then creating a viewport from that region?? If so, how do I edit this invisible region?

When I get to work I will post a screen shot to show what is going on...

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Viewport boundaries cannot be invisible with all layers on and thawed: post your file for someone else to examine.
Message 5 of 6
katani
in reply to: pendean

Try doing this. First select the good viewports and move them to a new layer and freeze that layer then open the properties window and issue QSELECT. In the object type flyout select region (If you originally used a region to convert it to a viewport it should still be there) hit OK to dismiss the window. Now you can see it's properties in the properies window or just delete it or delete the whole viewport by slecting viewport in the QSELECT window.

There used to be a thread on this forum describing a similar problem. The viewport was a clipped viewport and the user miraculously managed to remove the clipping boundary which made the viewport border invisible.

Message 6 of 6
katani

Sorry, replied to the wrong person.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost