Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using UNDO to erase the most recent x-line without exiting the x-line command

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
architec-tor
643 Views, 7 Replies

Using UNDO to erase the most recent x-line without exiting the x-line command

Prior to upgrading to 2012, I was able to do the following:

1) turn on computer

2) start an autocad drawing by double clicking on an existign drawing file

3) draw in autocad for a while

(at this point you should assume everything is normal and working fine with no problems)

4) I draw an X-line and repeat the x-line to several points without typing anything else

- one of the x-lines get's accidentally snapped to the wrong place

5) while still in the x-line command, I type "U" (undo) and the x-line to the wrong point is deleted

6) I continue snapping x-lines and contnue drawing without typing any new commands...

In the new 2012 version, I am unable to "UNDO" the accidental x-line (step 5) without exiting the x-line command

Is it possible to get the undo command to work again in the middle of snapping x-lines?

Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
heinsite
in reply to: architec-tor

It doesn't look like it.  Following your procedure in my version of AutoCAD LT it didn't work either.  The U (undo) command does not appear to be a recognized option within the XLINE command.

I have 2011 installed on another computer... I'll have to look and see if it works for me there.  But that's as far back as I'd be able to test.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 3 of 8
pendean

What prior version of AutoCAD/LT did this? Are you sure it was XLINE command, and not LINE or PLINE instead?

Message 4 of 8
architec-tor
in reply to: pendean

My previous version was 2008, and yes, it was the XLINE command that I was using.

Message 5 of 8
pendean

It doesn't do it in AutoCAD/LT 2011/2012 which I have access, I don't recall if LT2010/2009 had it or not I don't XLINE that extensively. If Charlie is around, he may still have LT2009 to confirm (but, in the meantime, bad news I'm afraid).

Message 6 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Only have LT 2012 installed here.

Doesn't sound like normal behaviour from previous versions though.

Could this have been a Macro that has not been brought over perhaps?

Message 7 of 8

No, I don't know anything about macros, but I have been using the XLINE command for many years and have gotten used to "undoing" my accidental snaps and moving on as a very convenient feature. Incidentally, the UNDO command to correct an unwanted line does work in the middle of many other drawing commands so this did not appear unusal to me.

Message 8 of 8
pendean

It is unusual: wonder why they it's not a feature of RAY and XLINE.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost