Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using field expression in diesel macro

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
2222 Views, 5 Replies

Using field expression in diesel macro

Hi,

Is it possible to get the value of a (custom)field expression in a LT diesel macro?

E.g. I would like to read the value of the following field: %<\AcVar CustomDP.Current Revision \f "%tc1">% 

I need this information so I can use it in a filename.

With kind regards,

Jeroen Koeleman

With kind regards,
Jeroen

Inventor professional 2013 student edition
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: 10027505

Nothing in LT does that: but Text, MTEXT and TABLEs can contain FIELDs, perhaps you can use a different approach (copy/paste from inside the FIELD to each of the respective editors).

Message 3 of 6
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your answer!

To bad LT doesn't support that.

The idea was to have a block attribute with the name "current revision". The text of the attribute should automatically change whenever a new revision block is placed in to the drawing.

We would like to automate the title block as much as possible because our automated drawing management system rely's on the information of the title block.

With kind regards,
Jeroen

Message 4 of 6
pendean

A block can contain a predefined field: no need for a macro to recreate both every time you need it.
And I believe LT still has REVDATE command.
Message 5 of 6
in reply to: pendean

I think I wasn't clear with my question or description of my problem, so I've attached a picture of our title block.

The thing I would like to have is:

As soon as the revision block(within the large red rectangle) is filled in, the text in the small red recatngle should update to that revision(last filled in revision block).

I'm able to do something like this in excel, but LT and probably the full version of AutoCad doesn't allow you to set varaibles/fields which stay with the drawing and can be accesed by (DIESEL) macros.

The more I think about it the more I realize that it might be overkill and that our engineers should fill in the current revision by hand.

Thanks again for yor help!

With kind regards,
Jeroen

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Any reason you cannot attached the Excel into AutoCAD/LT and maintain the OLE link between the two?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost