Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DWF as an underlay

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
802 Views, 3 Replies

Using DWF as an underlay

I want to send a consultant our dwg file as a dwf so they can use it as an underlay.  I cannot find any clear info in forums or on web to create it from model space (so 1:1 scale) for them to attach it in their model space.  AND when I did try it (just not sure it is the best way), I insert in (as DWF underlay) and it comes in with all white lines & the line weights of everything are way too thick (see image).  Thanks in advance for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

DWF is like PDF and plotting to paper: you have to use a paper size AND you have to control your lineweights when plotting. It looks like you missed a setting or scaled up a very small paper size to real big and not have blobs for lines (just like printing to paper and scaling).

Not sure why you posted a JPG when your issue was a DWF: curious apporach for remote assistance 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

But there is no paper size because I am doing it in Model Space.  Does that mean I have to set up an actual sheet in PS & scale the drawing?  When they use it as an underlay aren't they putting it in MS?  Won't the scale be off then?

Good point about the jpg! LOL!

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

No paper size in DWF? the topic is not your CAD file, it's the DWF you are having problems with.

Unless you are endowed with a super-special AutoCAD/LT version, you can't plot or publish or export a DWF without assignng (or having assigned for you) the DWF in a sheet size, it's a paper-less format that uses normal paper sizes, just like PDF.

Posting a DWF would be resolving this question 🙂 I suspect you printed to a letter size sheet and scaled it up to your "model space" no sheet size scale and messed it all up as shown in your JPG.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost