Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Autodesk AutoCAD LT with Non-Admin User rights.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ENGSIN-DAShipman
4791 Views, 7 Replies

Using Autodesk AutoCAD LT with Non-Admin User rights.

Due to our new company policies, we cannot have any users on our computers be local administrators to the computer itself.  We need to know of what settings we need to place into effect on these computers we have running the current software we hold.

What we will need to know is;

What section/s of the Registry the software needs Read/Write access to?
What Directory/ies the software needs Read/Write access to?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Each seat will need to be activated with Administrator rights when it is first run.

Registry should not be an issue with LT. With no profiles there or demand loading of routines those items will not need to be accessed

OPTIONS, Files tab, Support File Search Path will tell you what directories the user needs access to.

You can also set other directories as needed within this tree.

Message 3 of 8

Would this also be the same for the Electrical LT version?

Message 4 of 8
pendean
in reply to: ENGSIN-DAShipman

There is no "Electrical LT" from Autodesk.
Message 5 of 8
ENGSIN-DAShipman
in reply to: pendean

I'm sorry, you're right on that one.  I was told the product list and it came out that way for what we have for AutoCAD.

Just AutoCAD LT and AutoCAD Electrical.

If I do what you mentioned for AutoCAD LT, will it do the samer for AutoCAD Electrical?

Message 6 of 8
pendean
in reply to: ENGSIN-DAShipman

All things being equal, yes.
Message 7 of 8

Hi, this solution works with lt2014 but not with lt2015. what's the solution for 2015 to use it without admin rights?

Message 8 of 8

I may not be an admin to this forum, but the question here has already been answered which was for AutoCAD 2013-14.  If what I post below is not able to fix your issue, then I would suggest starting a new question.

As for your issue, I would say, "When in doubt, try looking through every location", including 'C:\ProgramData' and the hidden 'C:\Users\%USERNAME%\APPDATA' folders as well as looking at the registry under 'HKLM\Software' and and 'HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node'.  I have fixed many issues with permissions to files and update services for applications that our users need full rights too.  And because of our policies, I've become versed in software restriction policies as well (preferably application whitelisting).

Basically:

:::For a Domain:::

On the selected folders, RC>Properties>Security>Advanced>Change Permissions

- Add Domain Users and give Full Control

On the selected Registry Keys, RC>Permissions>Security>Advanced

- Add Domain Users and give Full Control

:::For no Domain:::

On the selected folders, RC>Properties>Security>Advanced>Change Permissions

- Add All Users and give Full Control

On the selected folders, RC>Properties>Security>Advanced

- Add All Users and give Full Control

Hope this helps, if not, might not hurt to start a new question for more accurate support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost