Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using AutoCAD 2005 drawings in AutoCAD LT

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gail-g
400 Views, 4 Replies

Using AutoCAD 2005 drawings in AutoCAD LT

I am considering purchasing AutoCAD LT.  All my previous work is drawn in AutCAD 2005, 2D only, with xrefs.  Will I be able to use the CAD 2005 drawings easily in AutoCAD LT? Is there a lot of set-up involved or can I simply open the old drawings and keep working?  Is there a preferred version of AutoCAD LT to purchase so the CAD 2005 drawings translate without problem? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: gail-g

There shouldn't be a problem, why don't you download the trial version just to make sure, and also to see how you get on using the new features of Autocad, and make sure you won't be missing anything you might use, for example LT does't have the dataextract command and you can't use Lisp. 

Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: gail-g

FYI: Hold off on installing SP2 for LT2015 for now: some (not all) users are reporting issues opening older DWG files when this funky update is installed. I have SP1 for LT2015 installed and I have no issues with opening older files.
Message 4 of 5
gail-g
in reply to: steven-g

Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with dataextract and Lisp. Hopefully, that means I don't need it. I'll test out the LT free trial and see how it goes. Best,
gail-g
Message 5 of 5
gail-g
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for this info.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost