Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-defined hatch problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
MartynCowley3208
613 Views, 7 Replies

User-defined hatch problem

When I pick 'User defined' under Pattern, I lose the Angle and Spacing boxes. If I insert a hatch with the default settings of 0 degrees and 1 unit, then double-click on the hatch to bring up the Hatch Creation panel, the boxes are displayed and I can set them to the values I want. This first happened in 2012LT and continues in 2013LT - has anyone else seen this behaviour and know how to prevent the boxes disappearing?

Dell Precision T1600 Xeon

nVidia Quadro 2000 - driver: AcadDM11.hdi

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

2013LT 64bit

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: MartynCowley3208

What do you mean by "lose the boxes", they turn off or are greyed out? They seem to work fine in LT2012.

Message 3 of 8

They actually disappear - see attached pic.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

So there are not under the right-pointing arrow in that panel?

Message 5 of 8

No - just the normal Hatch Layer Override, Scale to Paperspace and ISO pen width

Having once inserted a default User-defined hatch and reset the values by double-clicking it to bring up the Hatch Creation pallette, then subsequent Hatch operations have the Angle and Spacing boxes in place.

(this behaviour started on my old machine, a Dell XPS Studio with ATI Radeon 4850 graphics, running Win7 64-bit and 2012LT 64-bit; I had hoped that it would not occur with the new Precision T1600 and 2013LT - but it's just the same)

Message 6 of 8
pendean

It may not matter, or change anything, but if your Ribbon was docked at the top instead of the side does the problem still remain?

Message 7 of 8
MartynCowley3208
in reply to: pendean

No - with the Ribbon at the top, the boxes remain in place!

Unfortunately, that is not how I want my display set up - with a widescreen monitor, having the Ribbon docked at the side seems more logical as the workspace has more useful proportions (not long and thin as it would be with the Ribbon on top). I still do not understand why this behaviour is occurring.

Message 8 of 8
pendean

Program flaw, doubt you can do much about it. But good to know there is a fix in a way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost