Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use AutoCAD LT 2010 on more than 1 computer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cwedmonds
886 Views, 2 Replies

Use AutoCAD LT 2010 on more than 1 computer

I use a registered version of AutoCAD LT 2010 at work and need to have it on my home computer too. Can I do that and if so how? Also, I put the disc that the AutoCAD program comes on in my home computer and couldn't open it. Why would that happen?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: cwedmonds

Explore the License Transfer Utility that installed with LT at work. here is a quick overview:

http://cadpanacea.com/node/176

Have a bad disk or drive? Or a drive that does not read DVDs at home? Or home PC needs to be restarted?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

That would be my guess too -- trying to run a DVD in a CD player. OP I was told by my reseller that, because I am on subscription, I get one install allowed at work and one install allowed on a backup PC such as a laptop or my home PC. If you are on subscription you should be able to do the same thing. If you are and you do but it tells you you are past your limit, then you'll have to call their licensing and authorization hotline.

Otherwise you may have to use the portable license utility as Dean suggested. Just be aware that, if you transfer it to your home PC, then a day or two later your version on your work PC will stop working (unless you transfer it back), and vice versa.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost