Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading to autocad lt 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Steven.Fassett
461 Views, 3 Replies

upgrading to autocad lt 2014

I recently installed Autocad lt 2014 on my computer with intel R core TM i5-3450 @ 3.1 with a pny ge force gtx650 w/ 1024 mb gddr5.  When I open one file the move and zoom wheel on the mouse operates smoothly.   When I open the second, third  and so on files they operate in a slow jerky method.   I was told that my system would clearly run LT 2014.   When I tried 2013 lt I didn't have this problem.   Is there something I need to change on my computer.  Thank you/

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

How much RAM on the System?

Hardware acceleration On or Off in LT 2014? Try the other.

There is a discussion in this Forum concerning jumpy cursors and a non-sanctioned workaround:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/AutoCAD-LT-2014/m-p/3900473#M113475

A rather long thread but starting around message 21 is the workaround.

Read thru the thread and see if the option suggested here offers you any joy. I suspect that this issue will be addressed with the upcoming Service Pack since Autodesk is aware of it but we shall see.

Message 3 of 4

thanks for the reply. I have 8GB ddr3 ram.  Hardware acceleration is off and set to autocad classic.  It seems that it  affects all multi open files when I open a file larger than 1mb.    I can open the larger file from file menu or in another file as an xreference and it will still cause problems.  When I close that file all others work properly again.   It doesn't seem to be bother by a number of smaller files open that are much greater in total size.   I can x ref those larger files into any other ones that are open and not have a problem.   My knowledge on changing registry or items of that nature as the posts suggest is very novice at it best.   IT usually did for me.  

Message 4 of 4
braudpat
in reply to: Steven.Fassett

Hello

As said Charles have you tried the workaround concerning "AecCore.crx"

Please save somewhere your current 2014 "AecCore.crx" file :

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014\AecCore.crx"

And use INSTAED the same file coming (so replace it) from your ACAD LT 2013 !

So ???

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost